Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The First

When I cry, it's honest, not for show.
Never thought I'd be punished for it.
You stifle the need to be free, to be me.
Pressing upon me your selfish agenda.
Picking me apart so you don't have to deal.
Never thought love would be so painful.
Not really supposed to be, is it?
Addicted to what has done me harm.
You were my drug, I wanted you often.
My love high, my ecstacy.
Then I came down, crashed, burned.
I wanted you to know who I was.
Flaws, blunt force truth, rapture, passion.
But, you pushed your hand in my face so often.
Never knew why or how you could be so cruel.
Your love turned off like a light switch.
Was it ever really there or just another illusion?
A projection of what I felt for you.
Wanting it so badly to be reflected back.
But you deemed me unworthy before I had a chance.
So I limp away wounded, with lessons learned.
Goodbye forever, I am forever and ever burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment